WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

h2g2.jpg

Symbol from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, i thought it fitting because you wont be hiking on this small planet anymore

Images

Hey Freedom Hiker; it's been a while. Like others have said, I hope there's no rush for this! I agree with HooKooDooKu; you need a symbol that even non-hikers will recognize. Maybe something like this: http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/sm...-no-hikers.jpg

Images

well... like that, but without the yellow sign part. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MkBibble View Post
    well... like that, but without the yellow sign part. ;-)
    Cool, it gave me a good place to start...I threw it in paint and nibbled away at it, a work in progress if you will. gonna make one for my own self. thanks Hkbibble6245104-road-sign--no-hikers.jpg

Images

Default Another Idea

Here is something that I've been working on. I saw a sticker like this on a car... somewhere. I took a picture with the intent of finding one to buy, but never could. It looked like this. I may just give up finding the owner and print some for myself. Anyway, this might work for you... 12224684946_7e58cd3ed5_z.jpg

Here is something that I've been working on. I saw a sticker like this on a car... somewhere. I took a picture with the intent of finding one to buy, but never could. It looked like this. I may just give up finding the owner and print some for myself. Anyway, this might work for you... 12224684946_7e58cd3ed5_z.jpg
    Well I like it.

You could use an "end of trail" marker, such a dot with a circle or three blazes (arranged on two lines, two on top and one on the bottom).

The wife told me our daughter had asked her what we wanted to be done with our remains, the told her she wanted to be cremated and I'd probably want to be planted on a mountain top trail somewhere...she was right on. There's a side trail off the Pinhoti (Odum) that has a marker on the mountain top for a young man, died at 26, simple wood rustic cross with his name and date on it. Every time I go by there I stop and just soak in whats around me, I'm not an emotional person but I always get a happy/sad sensation there. It's alway chilly, wind sweeping across the mountains, trees moving as though they were alive...just makes me feel close to God for some reason. If this young man had been buried in a traditional cemetary, 100 years from now no one would ever notice his grave, but, 100 years from now every hiker that passes that lone marker on the mountain top will most likely be like me and stop to ponder what this young man was like in life.

That's the best AT logo I've seen...I'd like one also.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Walker View Post
    You know we are like cars. Age is not that important, its how many miles we have on us. I am high mileage.
    Forget the headstones, go get tattoos or go hike Copper Canyon, or go hang gliding. Anything but buying headstones.

i mean no disrespect, but you should plan your life...
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I want to look into being buried in the cemetery in Shenandoah right near the AT (not far from Big Meadows). That place is perfect.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    I want to look into being buried in the cemetery in Shenandoah right near the AT (not far from Big Meadows). That place is perfect.
    There's an old cemetery with a log church near the Pinhoti that I'm thinking may be nice...Shoal Creek.

Images

Freedom Hiker, I don't want to derail this thread. Sorry! the boot image that I posted can be found here: http://harmlesshikerproductions.com/...ishinfred.html

Freedom Hiker, I don't want to derail this thread. Sorry! the boot image that I posted can be found here: http://harmlesshikerproductions.com/...ishinfred.html
    I just placed an order........thanks.

http://bamahiker.blog.com/ Freedom Walker's Avatar
    Images

[QUOTE=jdc5294;1839551]here's the silhouette of the GATC guy, if interested I can email the vector file of it so it can be scaled to any resolution, this is most likely what the engravers of the headstone will want, they'll be able to feed that right into the computer that does the engraving.
    Attachment 25707
    Thanks for everyone's advice, but I have chosen this image because I like it. And right above the backpack will have the AT symbol. Even though I am not planning on moving in to soon, we are purchasing the headstone now because our plots are in a church cemetery that my wife's family had roped off many years ago. My wife's mother and father are buried there, and other family members. And there's a place for us, so it's free, but to ensure that our spots will be there because we have no legal right to it, so by going ahead and placing a headstone there it ensures our spots will be available when it is needed. Which I hope is many years from now. The image will be on a flower vase on my side of the headstone. And God forbid, should my wife goes before me, each time I see this image, if I have not hiked all the AT I hope to be inspired to finish it.
    Freedom Walker, I am free to Walk, I am free to Run, I m free to live for You Lord Jesus, I am FREE!

He who the Son sets free, is free indeed.
    Visit my blog Free To Hike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++