WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Northern Terminus to Stowe with dog?

My wife, dog, and I will be hiking from Stowe(where we last left off) to the Northern Terminus this spring. I know I can pay a modest fee in Stowe to leave my car there, but I'm trying to figur out how to get back with the dog (and wife). I wouldn't mind paying a fare amount, but I don't know who/what service will allow the dog. Any thoughts?
    Also, I'd really prefer to finish going nobo

AT 2012

hello... might be able to work something out. i want to hike from the winooski river (just south of stowe) to the northern terminus and was also trying to figure out how to get a one way ride to work. i can imagine something like us all meeting at the winooski river, leaving my car there, taking your car and dropping you off at Stowe then continuing to the northern terminus, where i would leave your car, then hike south (pass you on the trail, no doubt...) back to my car. i would be happy to consider doing this in reverse if that made you more comfortable -- i really don't care if i go nobo or sobo. i did think i was going to do this hike in September, but i am looking forward to it enough to welcome an excuse to go earlier! i've been arranging creative shuttle exchanges like this for a while... no guarantees i can get this organized, but let me know if you are interested! when where you thinking of going?
    Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    hello... might be able to work something out. i want to hike from the winooski river (just south of stowe) to the northern terminus and was also trying to figure out how to get a one way ride to work. i can imagine something like us all meeting at the winooski river, leaving my car there, taking your car and dropping you off at Stowe then continuing to the northern terminus, where i would leave your car, then hike south (pass you on the trail, no doubt...) back to my car. i would be happy to consider doing this in reverse if that made you more comfortable -- i really don't care if i go nobo or sobo. i did think i was going to do this hike in September, but i am looking forward to it enough to welcome an excuse to go earlier! i've been arranging creative shuttle exchanges like this for a while... no guarantees i can get this organized, but let me know if you are interested! when where you thinking of going?
    Hmmm. That actually sounds pretty good. Maybe August? Can you drive manual?

AT 2012

Quote Originally Posted by brdaaw View Post
    Hmmm. That actually sounds pretty good. Maybe August? Can you drive manual?
    I'm an old man. My first four cars were manual. I drive my son's old manual Subaru from time to time. By the way, are we talking about a Lamborghini here?

august could definitely work... The later the better...
    Lazarus

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    I'm an old man. My first four cars were manual. I drive my son's old manual Subaru from time to time. By the way, are we talking about a Lamborghini here?

august could definitely work... The later the better...
    Yes, I've had since my last internet friend let me borrow his for a trail pick up. I hope you like yellow

AT 2012

i'm gonna talk with my wife about the logistics... pm me when you know more about preferred dates or have a good hiking joke.
    Lazarus

++ New Posts ++