WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Any CT - MA shuttle recommendations?

I'm looking to do a section hike from NY/CT border to MA 41 this spring and need to find a reliable and hopefully inexpensive shuttle. I found a couple of names on the ATC website but would prefer to use someone based on a referral from WhiteBlaze users. Any recommendations?

Thanks much.

Silvia Cassano or Dave Ackerson will do you well.

Cosmo

Thanks for the response Cosmo

Great question. And thanks Cosmo for the answer. I have used Pawling Taxi in the past. Three times I believe. They were always there on time although I will say that sometimes I would hang up the phone wondering if they really understood my request :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hermit1970 View Post
    I'm looking to do a section hike from NY/CT border to MA 41 this spring and need to find a reliable and hopefully inexpensive shuttle. I found a couple of names on the ATC website but would prefer to use someone based on a referral from WhiteBlaze users. Any recommendations?

Thanks much.
    I'm planning on pretty much the same hike the first week in May. I'm giving myself a week to go from MA 41 down to Pawling...about 12 mi/day. I had contacted an outfitter who quoted me about $90....if you're interested in hiking with me and sharing the costs, PM me and I'll tell you what I had in mind. I live in NYC.

Default Any CT - MA shuttle recommendations?

Hudson & Big Lu have Bearded Woods hostel in Sharon, CT. They are great. Check with them.

Journal Entries

We used Marilyn Wiley twce in MA...i believe her and her husband cover between Kent CT up into VT and everything in between. She was great...picked us up on time etc....they live right by the trail and let people camp on their property too her email is [email protected]

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Madpaddy View Post
    We used Marilyn Wiley twce in MA...i believe her and her husband cover between Kent CT up into VT and everything in between. She was great...picked us up on time etc....they live right by the trail and let people camp on their property too her email is [email protected]
    I've used them a few times. I second that endorsement . very nice folks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Thanks all for the suggestions/recommendations! Looks like I have plenty of options. pbowell, I was planning to hike northbound in April but if the timing works out that I go in May I'll touch base with you.

Warwick, NY - 3 miles from Wildcat Shelter on AT
    Images

I will be driving up to Lee, MA on 4/25 and back on 4/28. If either of these dates match your itinerary, get in contact with me. I am leading hikes on AT from Blotz Road south of Dalton to MA 23 in Great Barrington during those four days. DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME! Respond by e-mail, please. [email protected]
    Aaron

++ New Posts ++