WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Peachfuzz

Default Hiker shuttle available anywhere from Springer Mountain to Fontana Dam 2014

Posted this in another category before I knew a specific one for shuttles existed, so here we are again.

I live in Asheville, NC, and will pick up hikers anywhere from Springer Mountain to the Fontana Dam area in NC, I just need a heads up to have adequate time and so that you're not waiting for several hours.

You don't necessarily have to come back to Asheville, I'll take you in to whatever trail town is in close proximity.

However, thrus (and polite sectioners ) are welcome to come back to AVL and crash for a few days. Great city if you've never been here.

No gas money required. I got all kinds of magic up the PCT so looking to pay it forward, so to speak.

Good luck AT'ers,

Rattler
    PCT 2011

Images

samgriffin4, might could use your services. Please email me at [email protected] thanx

I am planning to do a section hike this summer and would like to go from Springer Mountain to Dicks Creek Gap in GA. I was hoping to leave my car at Springer Mountain and get a ride up to Dicks Creek Gap and walk back to my car. I hope to do several sections in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and then do a three month sabbatical to do the rest of the trail in 2017. My dates are late July.

If you're available to assist, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks for your consideration!

My friend and I are planning to hike part of the trail in late May. We are looking for a ride from Asheville to Springer Mountain but are flexible on exact dates. If you're available then, please e-mail me at [email protected] and we can figure out specifics.

Thanks so much for doing this! Hope we can work something out.

henry
    Journal Entries

hello,,planning mid April looking for ride from gainsvilletrain station to unicol area near helen ga

email to [email protected]
    would like to spilt cost with others ,,,,my departure dates are flexible

thanks henry

Henry, are you wanting to go to the approach trail (Stringer) get back to me. Tim

Im looking at hiking to Fontana Dam from Springer and arriving there give or take a day on April 29th Needing to get back to the airport By May 1st. DO you have something during this time or suggestions and at what cost. ( I will be going solo )
    Thanks,
    Donny
    [email protected]

If this offer is still open, I am looking to hike Springer to either Winding Stair (NC) or Fontana Dam in late May and will be looking for a ride to Asheville. I would like to reach Fontana, however I am not sure how easy it is to get to Knoxville (or Asheville if a ride is available) from there.

Thanks,
    Dan

I'm doing a section hike from Springer to the NOC. I could really use a ride from the NOC to the Asheville airport around May 12 or 13. Looks like it's about an hour away. Contact me to let me know whether or not the offer still stands. My wife will thank you for preventing me from hitching. [email protected]

Thanks.

Hi Sam!

What an excellent and generous offer. My boyfriend and I are doing a section hike, and I thought maybe you could help us out. We're looking for a shuttle from Asheville to Cataloochee in the GSMNP on May 25, and from there we'll hike to Hot Springs. Then we'll need a shuttle back to Asheville.

I'll be arriving before him for wilderness first responder training in Hendersonville, and I'll have my bicycle with me, so I'm also looking for a place to keep it safe while we're hiking. I don't know if we deserve your trail magic, but I thought I'd ask! Email me at [email protected].

~Samantha

++ New Posts ++