....almost bought the farm yesterday. I was heating water for my coffee press and noticed I had a slow drip from where the pump screws into the bottle. Not one to leave well enough alone, I decided to snug it up a tad. Bad idea. The drip turned to a spray and now I had a pretty good inferno going, lol.

Since the water was almost at a boil I salvaged it first then stripped down and dunked my long sleeve t-shirt in a mud puddle and smothered said inferno. Knowing this thing was going to blaze back up given the least bit of opportunity I readied for the battle by soaking everything I could find in the mud hole and staging it nearby, mainly moss and grass....took a peek and sure enough, whoosh, inferno.

Covered everything with the wet grass and moss then re-soaked my shirt and managed to get the stove separated from the fuel bottle and tossed it onto a bare rock where it burned out. The stove itself came out unscathed, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to break down and finally switch to that new style pump due to some melting.

photo%u00252520%252812%2529.JPG

Is the new pump as bad as some of the reviews I've read or are they just coming from curmudgeons like me that love the old style?