WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default The One True Original Pepsi Can Stove

I've been fabricating beverage stoves, stands, and screens for almost 10 years now, and finally have improvements that may be worth summarizing with a Youtube vid or web page. Yeah ... I know, this kind of thing has been done to death. Am also aware that such-similar designs are 120-years old.

Anyhow, I'd like to find the progenitor of the original open-top, soda-can type of alcohol stove. The first design that I consulted for a 2004 thru-hike was one of Scott Henderson's from PCThiker.com. Would just like to send him an email. That site seems to be taken over by commercial interests now. Using archive.org, I can find [email protected] as an original email contact, but that bounces. Unfortunately, Scott shares the name of a famous person, a guitarist. Similarly, the Croc Hunter is my googleganger. His name difficult to hunt on social media sites.

Is he so rich and famous that he hides? Anyone know a message board he lurks these days? Or, is permanent hiding from his hoards of fans?

lots-smaller.JPG

Images

Interesting.
    Good luck on your search.

What year did he come out with it? What indicates he was the original designer?

I'll do a little research on it to see what I come up with. there was a guy on survival.com that hcame up with a DIY instruction thing that he sold on the internet.

I'll check.
    Last edited by zelph; 01-13-2014 at 12:04.

++ New Posts ++