WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: bourbon

That very thing was discussed, but both Simon Brooking, the "Brand Ambassador," and John Campbell, the Distillery Manager seemed to think their long association with Makers will ensure a proper barrel supply. BTW, Cambell's accent was so thick I had a little difficulty understanding him at first, but after several tastings and toasts, my ears seemed to become accustomed. Funny how that works!
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

I was gifted with a small sample size bottle of Woodford Reserve. I'm not normally a bourbon drinker, but this was very, very good. The only other time I've seen it was on a commercial during the Kentucky Derby.

Man, I just can't stomach the "smokey" flavor of scotch. I love that it is there, I appreciate what it is, but EUGH.

I just love me bourbon that tastes like it should be sweet... that burnt sugar taste without the sweet. mmmmm....

Didn't catch up on all the new posts- but I have to say- That Baltimore Jack makes a fine recommendation-

I think I'm on my 10th bottle of Knob since following his advice.

and at 100 proof it is easy to justify to my UL sensibilities.

I'm not a huge fan of bourbon/whiskey spirits, but I have a lot of friends that drink it. I tried some Eagle Rare one night, and I thought it to be a lot better then the usual Makers/Knob stuff. But, as I don't drink the stuff, that was just my opinion. Just throwing it out there if you wanna try something new...

It's not technically Bourbon, but more of a Canadian style whiskey (though distilled in Oregon), but I recently fell in love with Pendleton's. Try it out next time you're looking to try something new. It's so damn good.

Images

If you're in North Carolina, there's a "single malt" being made outside Asheville, called Defiant. It's 100% barley malt, aged for sixty days over white oak spirals. The price recently dropped to $40, so I picked up a bottle. It's really interesting -- it's somewhere in the middle between Scotch and Bourbon. Huge vanilla oak flavor, no peat or smoke, but it's nowhere near as sweet as corn or corn/wheat whiskeys. I did not believe it had been aged for only 60 days. Very drinkable.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

my wife and I did the Kentucky bourbon trail last July, it was a great vacation, one of our best! we learned a lot, including I really don't like bourbon. but I recommend the trail to everyone. and Kentucky if beautiful.

my favorite brown liquid is ''the Pinch'' Dimple pinch blended Scotch whiskey

RUNT ''13''

Images

I get this stuff from a guy... comes in a mason jar. Technically it's a brandy because it's made from muscadine grapes, not grains. Aged with oak chips. Very nice...
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
++ New Posts ++