WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    now whatd i tell ya about planning too much?
    how are you feeling, coach told me you might have hurt yourself going through the lemon squeezer
    Actually the Lemon Squeezer wasn't that big a problem....it took a lot of effort, and was quite tiring, but no hurt there. The injury came when I got too tired to handle my own pack weight....my knee popped when I tried to lift the pack to move it to a better position and wait for Kevin and Dave to "rescue" us. It's ok though. The real nemesis was the overall fatigue. I was fine after a good night's sleep.

I only did enough "planning" to get everybody there.....and not enough to get myself truly prepared. Oh well. But Snacktime did great! He managed his pack like a pro.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Hope your knee heals quickly, Teacher.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Actually the Lemon Squeezer wasn't that big a problem....it took a lot of effort, and was quite tiring, but no hurt there. The injury came when I got too tired to handle my own pack weight....my knee popped when I tried to lift the pack to move it to a better position and wait for Kevin and Dave to "rescue" us. It's ok though. The real nemesis was the overall fatigue. I was fine after a good night's sleep.

I only did enough "planning" to get everybody there.....and not enough to get myself truly prepared. Oh well. But Snacktime did great! He managed his pack like a pro.
    still it looks like it was a great time, and i'm so glad the boys were able to help you out.hope you heal quickly. i'm counting on meeting you at some point this year.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yep....that's the plan. (of course it was our plan last year too, and STILL we haven't managed to get together)...If nothing else, perhaps we'll meet at Trail Days.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
    Wonderful to meet and hike with all of you! After leaving the Brian shelter on Sunday morning, I hiked the AT to the Hudson River and got there before 3! And I met someone on the way from my area to give me a lift. Everything worked out great. I hope that everyone who stayed Sunday night was more comfortable than Saturday night!
    That worked out even better than you were hoping for. Glad that you made it safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Our photos are in the gallery here, and also on Snacktime's FB page... https://www.facebook.com/EddiesChallengeII?ref=hl anyone else have any fb posts?
    Hi Teacher, I don't do facebook so I was very glad that you also posted your photos here on WB. I enjoyed seeing them! Best to you and Snacktime!
    Trillium

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks Trillium. I'm still working on that trip report too! This one has been amazingly difficult to write....so "many thank yous", such a wonderful experience. Hopefully I can do it justice....eventually. (and I can't wait to get a second crack at Harriman!)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
++ New Posts ++