WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Lakeland Man Takes on the Appalachian Trail, Hikes Through 14 States - The Ledger

Lakeland Man Takes on the Appalachian Trail, Hikes Through 14 States
    The Ledger
    Patrick Brett, 21, of Lakeland spent six months and 2,180 miles hiking the Appalachian Trail. According to the Appalachian Trail Conservatory, about 2,000 people attempt to hike the trail but only a quarter of them complete their through-hikes ...

More...

In the article it says

"Most through-hikers venture from south to north, beginning in the relatively gentle terrain of Georgia."

Wow, the person who wrote this article must not have a clue as to what north west Georgia is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chair-man View Post
    In the article it says

"Most through-hikers venture from south to north, beginning in the relatively gentle terrain of Georgia."

Wow, the person who wrote this article must not have a clue as to what north west Georgia is.
    Yeah, I've never understood this common misperception of the AT through GA. I mean, it's not like the US Rangers are training in that area because it's easy...of course they're just hiking straight up the mountains and not on the trails, but it's not easy-peasy either.

Images

In the article it says

Maybe they meant to write "temperatures" But got the wrong t-word?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

In the article it says

The person who wrote it was likely paraphrasing him, as SOBOs think GA is super easy. Relatively is the operative word here. As in relative to ME, GA is super gentle.

++ New Posts ++