WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Sea to Summit's pocket hand wash vs Dr Bronner's bar soap

Has anyone used Sea to Summit's pocket hand wash? How does it compare to Dr Bronner's bar soap? Thinking of getting it for thruhike

Goji

I carried both on my hike. I intended to use the soap flakes in hostels were there wasn't any soap. Very seldom had to use it. I used Dr. Bonners for taking a sponge bath on the trail (when it wasn't freezing). If I had it to do again, I'd only take the Dr. Bonners. I took an oz bottle & didn't use it up. A little goes a long way.

I used alcohol gel as well after bathroom stops & before preparing food. I used a fair amount of the gel.

Ivory liquid dish washing soap works very well, is inexpensive and available just about anywhere. It cuts through the grease of dirty hair very effectively.

I've taken to carrying a small bar of a very dense soap, the fancy kind which comes with a ribbon tied around it and costs $3 a bar. It lasts a long time. It's good to have your own soap when you get some place and all they have is that liquid "body wash" stuff which I hate. Or worse, nothing at all.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Santa brought me some of the Sea to Summit hand wash, shampoo and laundry soap. Tried the hand wash at the kitchen sink and found that one sheet was a little too much soap to rinse off with a minimum amount of water. But I'm going to take them with me on my next short hike to see how they work out in the woods. In the past I've just carried a little bit of Dr. Bronner's or Campsuds or a small, travel sized bar of Dove soap, although Slo-go'en's idea of Ivory dishwashing liquid sounds really good, too.

And I always carry hand sanitizer for potty breaks.

++ New Posts ++