WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rolls Kanardly View Post
    May the following have a Happy New Year and may all your hikes have fair winds, sunny skies and no rocks underneath your sleeping bag.

HikerMom58, ITri, NCn8chrgrrl, Waitin 4 my trl name, rangeley, Dat Wolf, Calebj,
    RN-PCT2015, Robin2013AT, importman77, capehiker, 4shot, Gwilli, Phoenix Firebird, Wild Blue, Subie Love, Astro, Christie Belle, None yet, Tuckahoe64, Toon, Teacher & Snacktime, slbirdnerd, adamjunzler, hikerboy57, AkaMirage, wookinpanub, Carlz993, Many Moons, BrainLe, illabelle, Grey Ghost, Murphy7, Seatbelt, Trebor66, Nyte, Devin Harvey, xokie, Deer Hunter, Sarcasm the elf, Drybones, Buzzy84, jfarrell04, kayak karl, Jagger, whisper walking, Valley Girl, Meriadox, Angle, Kolo, Trainguy, wren again, jimmyjam, shelb, SawnieRobertson, RockDoc, Merrell, Cro-Mag, Grampie, psyenz, drifter, Shutterbug, FooFighter'12, P Chang, DugK, Cookerhiker, English Stu,Kerrkid, Honuben, MoonstruckRed, SkraM, Old Eagle, bamboo bob, Tinker, Papa D, wcgornto, tawa.
    Thanks. Here's to a hiker filled and blessed 2014 to and the rest of the WB gang here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Same to you Rolls....here's hoping that Task Force of yours has a quiet night.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rolls Kanardly View Post
    May the following have a Happy New Year and may all your hikes have fair winds, sunny skies and no rocks underneath your sleeping bag.

HikerMom58, ITri, NCn8chrgrrl, Waitin 4 my trl name, rangeley, Dat Wolf, Calebj,
    RN-PCT2015, Robin2013AT, importman77, capehiker, 4shot, Gwilli, Phoenix Firebird, Wild Blue, Subie Love, Astro, Christie Belle, None yet, Tuckahoe64, Toon, Teacher & Snacktime, slbirdnerd, adamjunzler, hikerboy57, AkaMirage, wookinpanub, Carlz993, Many Moons, BrainLe, illabelle, Grey Ghost, Murphy7, Seatbelt, Trebor66, Nyte, Devin Harvey, xokie, Deer Hunter, Sarcasm the elf, Drybones, Buzzy84, jfarrell04, kayak karl, Jagger, whisper walking, Valley Girl, Meriadox, Angle, Kolo, Trainguy, wren again, jimmyjam, shelb, SawnieRobertson, RockDoc, Merrell, Cro-Mag, Grampie, psyenz, drifter, Shutterbug, FooFighter'12, P Chang, DugK, Cookerhiker, English Stu,Kerrkid, Honuben, MoonstruckRed, SkraM, Old Eagle, bamboo bob, Tinker, Papa D, wcgornto, tawa.

Same wishes for you, Rolls.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Hi,
    I'm Goji, planning AT thruhike 2014, late march or early April NOBO

Goji

Hey all, I'm Kait. I'm looking to NOBO hike the AT in 2018 with my long time boyfriend. I live just outside of the Delaware Water gap and have hiked pieces of that trail on and off for a few years but never anything of length. We plan on spending the next few years saving and preparing for the trip!

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome in Kerosenehat, OCDave, Waitin 4 my tri name, Goji and ATHopeful2018!! Nice to meet y'all!!

I'm a lil OCD myself... ATHopeful... hang out with us and ask any questions you may have... don't be shy! Goji... go class of 2014!!

Love this song... seems appropriate! :>)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyXDuI9p5U
    Last edited by HikerMom58; 12-30-2013 at 11:02. Reason: Added a song link.

Thanks for starting the thread HikerMom. Name is Michael and have been day hiking for years. Planning a thru in 2018 (will be 62 then) so pray for my knees!! See ya on the trail, Grumps

Hey kait! Just a grumpy old man here that is planning a NOBO in '18 as well. Good luck to you and your BF.

Hi all, I'm Beau. I've definitely been a lurker for a while and finally registered today so I could add my name to the Class of 2014. I was born and raised about an hour south of Tampa, Florida, getting ready to quit my job as a magazine editor so I can leave to hike the AT in March. I'm nervous, excited, and really loving the community I see here. Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I'm Mike. My wife Naomi and I plan to NOBO thru hike in 2014. I have previously hiked the PCT '06 & '09, the CDT in '10 & '12, and JMT in '13. I joined WB to learn more about the AT. It has been a great resource. I also really enjoy the lively debates over pack weight, food, hiking style, etc. I look forward to continuing to follow and contribute.

Mike

Hey All,
    I'm Mike, from Massachusetts. Good to be here and thanks for all the past an future advise!!
    Thanks,
    Mike (RoughThis)

Images

Hello everybody,
    I'm also Mike! That's 3 in a row I know. Anyway, I'm a longtime AT enthusiast. Have hiked several sections of the trail over the years but with work, life, young kids, etc. I haven't been able to get out there as much as I'd like. I live at the beach in NC and it is 6.5 hours to the trail from here at best. So, I am waiting for big breaks at work when I can go. I'm a teacher and coach which takes up most of the time I would have to go. Would like to give up coaching in a few years and take a leave of absence to Thru hike before I get too old and have to get 2NewKnees to go!

Quote Originally Posted by beaud View Post
    Hi all, I'm Beau. I've definitely been a lurker for a while and finally registered today so I could add my name to the Class of 2014. I was born and raised about an hour south of Tampa, Florida, getting ready to quit my job as a magazine editor so I can leave to hike the AT in March. I'm nervous, excited, and really loving the community I see here. Thanks!
    I live in Sarasota we should do a shake down hike sometime

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Journal Entries
    Images

Hi, I'm Ken. I've been a member for about a year. I have been learning as much as I can from the WB community. I post things once and a while. I live in VA and I am a section hiker. I started at Spinger on March 12, 2013 and completed about eighty miles on the AT this year. My wife knows I am a little crazy but she allows me my return to nature. I will be hiking again this spring/summer. Happy New Year and hiking.
    Sidewinder
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=435728
    Thanks,
    Sidewinder2013

Quote Originally Posted by Toon View Post
    I live in Sarasota we should do a shake down hike sometime

I'd love to, Toon. My next few weekends are booked, but I'm quitting my job around Feb. 7 so I'll have a few open weeks before leaving. Will you be around in February?

Quote Originally Posted by beaud View Post
    I'd love to, Toon. My next few weekends are booked, but I'm quitting my job around Feb. 7 so I'll have a few open weeks before leaving. Will you be around in February?
    Yea I'm starting in Erwin early may I stopped there in 2012

Images

Hello Sidewinder from a fellow Dale City WhiteBlazer.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Hello and Happy New Year! I am Deborah White. I live in South Louisiana. I am newly widowed and newly retired. I was a member of the Explorers Club while in High School (mid-seventies). My experience, at the time, was hiking in Germany; France, and Spain. Of course, one of our mothers was usually following us in a van with a tuna casserole in tow- but we thought we were pretty good. I did backpack up LA 1 via Amtrak and a Red Eye or two but also walked on my own to and through Oregon Ashland;Klamath Falls; Bandon By The Sea, in the early eighties. Nothing really since.

I was told by someone that he thought I was stronger. He was right; I am.

I realize I need a plan. I have one.

I have researched and purchased all the equipment I think I may need to begin seriously backpacking. My first Trip is with the Louisiana Hiking Club to Big Bend, Texas, February 1st.

My next scheduled trip will be to Lake Oconee in April. Next, #2 weeks in Slovenia, then a week-long Hiking Trip to the North Cascades in Washington, late June.

My goal for now, is White Mountains in NH. Possibly August 2014.

Perhaps I am stronger than I think...Thomas Merton

(I have a feeling I'm about to find out.)...Deborah White

Wow! Thank you for the warm welcome. Happy New Year to you all as well!

Images

Nitewalker here aka Mike from Ct. Happy New Year to all of you! I have been on whiteblaze for 6 years and really love what the site is all about. I am more the silent type but I do chime in on occasion. Some of my favorite things to do are hiking/backpacking, biking, ice fishing, skiing, softball, basketball, exercise and lifting. I love to travel but I have been stuck east of the mississippi. one day I will jump that river. I have been camping my whole life but didnt start real backpacking till i was 16ish yrs old. It is now a passion and my favorite activity by far. maybe 2nd favorite if we include all activities...lol.....................ROCK ON 2014

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++