WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

When are you planning to leave for your yo-yo hike? I was thinking about doing a yo-yo hike for a while in 2015 but now I'm thinking of doing the eastern continental trail and possibly the great american loop. It's more to hike if you really just want to be alone with nature.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paschen56 View Post
    I am planning a thru hike and got to thinking has anyone done what is referred to as a yo-yo hike where you start say GA and go to MA then back to your original starting point in GA..........So the question is can anyone tell me if anyone has done such a thing and where can I find info. on the statistics of those who have attempted as apposed to those who have completed it?
    Maine, is ME. MA is Massachsetts and it wouldnt be a complete yoyo of the trail if you turned around there.

Registered User Different Socks's Avatar
    Images

IMHO, Wetzel did not do what is considered a thru hiking yo-yo. He said it himself, "270 individual yo-yo day hikes". By that definition, technically speaking, anybody that does any trail round trip like he did, then can be considered a yo-yo hike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++