WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default As of Dec 8th, afternoons are getting Lighter !

Wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but because I'm personally a daylight-O-holic, "health" seemed appropriate. Anyway, I always celebrate the earliest sunset of the year, which is on or about December 8th. Sure, the days will get a tad shorter and the mornings darker, but it's afternoon light I crave and we're over the darkness hump! Just passing along my little bit of joy...

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

*ALL* of the above, of course! actually, can you buy In-and-out with free delivery on Amazon Prime or something?

Every day, I check the sunrise and sunset times in the New York Times. We've been stuck at 4:28 p.m. for several days, and the sunrise times are still getting later.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    Every day, I check the sunrise and sunset times in the New York Times. We've been stuck at 4:28 p.m. for several days, and the sunrise times are still getting later.
    Yep, that's correct, we've "plateaued" on the sunset. It will be a day or two yet before you see 4:29. If you could see the times including seconds though, you'd see that we're gaining seconds of daylight in the afternoon. alas, the days are still getting overall shorter until the solstice, and even then, the mornings will continue getting "darker" (later sunrise) until early January. By then, though, the afternoons will be noticeably lighter.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but because I'm personally a daylight-O-holic, "health" seemed appropriate. Anyway, I always celebrate the earliest sunset of the year, which is on or about December 8th. Sure, the days will get a tad shorter and the mornings darker, but it's afternoon light I crave and we're over the darkness hump! Just passing along my little bit of joy...
    I wouldnt ever notice the difference - leave the house in the dark and back home in the dark - but thanks for giving me something to look forward to!
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Journal Entries
    Images

The Sundroid app is handy free and a winner.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

++ New Posts ++