WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I appreciate all the input. Many of the suggestions are valid. Some will be addressed. The poles are great. The website is lacking. Thank you all.
    "You don't have to think fast if you move slow" Red Green

Images

I personally do not go out seeking only "green" products to only be green and 4eyedbuzzard summed that up pretty well. I like what I see in your poles because they seem classy and I appreciate quality hand made items. To me that is your strength and everything that you have described about the work that you put into them and your sourcing from US producers is what you really should market. When I saw just the couple pictures, I got the feeling of quality and beauty, not just massed produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder View Post
    Rainman. You are right. (First for everything!) I will be more transparent as it evolves. I was the Leki rep for 25+ years and started the Trail Days repair service. I would say I know trekking poles. The Only thing these poles do not do that others do, is collapse. But, then, they DO NOT COLLAPSE, unexpectedly, or ever. Can they be broken? I suspect so, but NO Breakage, yet. They also do not rust/corrode. They do turn green when wet, but dry golden again. No you can not plant them, they are kiln dried and no longer viable. Strong and resilient, light and beautiful. These are not "Green" , just to be "Green". I researched aluminum and carbon shafting (USA), and they are available, but NO Parts are made here. Almost all the tips, grips and internals are made in on factory in China for All the companies. American alum/carbon shafts, even with Chinese parts would retail $300.+. Regular, river cane bamboo is strong, but not durable. I found scularia purperata the solid stem bamboo at a grower in S. Georgia. It is , after kiln drying, many times stronger and not subject to splitting in the cold or by normal flexing.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Images

OK. What?. You did read the information on the page?
    i would like to at least see some photos of a set. So i get a better idea of how they can be adjusted. A full length picture. from all angles. google leki and you can see what i mean. I would try them just to go back to bamboo poles i think. That's how I got my trail name.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Images

Rainman. You are right. (First for everything!) I will be more transparent as it evolves. I was the Leki rep for 25+ years and started the Trail Days repair service..
    That alone earns you a "Bless you, my son." LOL

As Kookork said, all the critiques on here are given constructively and to be helpful, as you present your being the general public.

Best wishes and here's to your success and all our WB cottage industries.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo bob View Post
    i would like to at least see some photos of a set. So i get a better idea of how they can be adjusted. A full length picture. from all angles. google leki and you can see what i mean. I would try them just to go back to bamboo poles i think. That's how I got my trail name.
    Photos will be updated ASAP. "how they can be adjusted" Not. Or, once, shorter..thus fixed length. (AKA the smartass answer). You will love them.

My web has more pictures and a video. Trailspace.com just did my first review, 5 Stars. YaHOO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++