User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

TwoSpirits

How Cold is Too Cold?

Thread Starter: TwoSpirits

The other day one of my neighbors, who is always quite puzzled by this hiking thing I do, asked me how cold is too cold?

Of course there

Last Post By: peakbagger Today, 07:02 Go to last post
    Squirrel29

Help picking a tent

Thread Starter: Squirrel29

Like to buy a light weight tent but having trouble deciding on one. Looking hard at a SMD Lunar Solo but not sure about a non freestanding single wall

Last Post By: HeartFire Today, 06:59 Go to last post
    sethd513

Cold weather thermometer

Thread Starter: sethd513

What do you folks use to check the temperature? I want something accurate below 0 but don’t want to spend a ton. Opinions? Reviews? Thanks.

Last Post By: Whiskyjo Today, 04:40 Go to last post
    Mando12

PT Thru Hike Info

Thread Starter: Mando12

I only recently learned of the Palmetto Trail and now think it would be a great winter thru hike. Trouble is, I'm having a hard time getting comprehensive

Last Post By: lonehiker Today, 02:03 Go to last post
    mclaught

Brooks Beast or Cascadia?

Thread Starter: mclaught

I currently wear Brooks Beast and they've been a lifesaver for me. I used to get foot/leg and back pain when walking/jogging in other shoes, but the Beasts

Last Post By: u.w. Today, 01:56 Go to last post
    cmarshall099

Gear Shakedown: March 3rd 2019 NOBO Start

Thread Starter: cmarshall099

Hello all,

Ahhh yes another shakedown post..... For those of you trying to help or for those of you who want to critique here is my current

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 00:53 Go to last post