User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Wesgoat

Where to live

Thread Starter: Wesgoat

I got into backpacking 3 years ago. I live in South Florida and there are not alot of opportunities for hiking here. Yes, i know about the Florida trail

Last Post By: futureatwalker Today, 15:40 Go to last post
    Pony

Am I the jerk?

Thread Starter: Pony

So, a couple of weeks ago, I was at Dolly Sods Wilderness. As I was breaking camp on my first morning, I noticed a couple in their early twenties approaching

Last Post By: Time Zone Today, 13:41 Go to last post
    jasonmason

Zpacks Arc Haul and Altaplex

Thread Starter: jasonmason

Selling my Zpacks Arc Haul backpack and my Altaplex tent. Both have been used for about 10 trail days. Both pieces of gear in like new condition. Wife

Last Post By: andyg Today, 13:24 Go to last post
    Squirrel29

kelty cosmic down

Thread Starter: Squirrel29

Wanted to get some advise on the kelty cosmic down bags. Looking to buy a good bag that wont break the bank. Thanks

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Today, 12:34 Go to last post
    HandyRandy

Planning a section hike of the Whites in December and have questions

Thread Starter: HandyRandy

My hiking buddy and I are planning on backpacking the Whites mid-December. We’re flying to Logan Airport in Boston. The best forms of transportation that

Last Post By: peakbagger Today, 11:49 Go to last post
    greenmtnboy

Alcohol consumption and prohibiitions

Thread Starter: greenmtnboy

I have seen a few of the free or low cost hiker hostels affected by rambunctious, disorderly behavior involving alcohol use, some close to all hikers.

Last Post By: Tipi Walter Today, 11:33 Go to last post