User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

jungleland1972

Help with cold weather camping

Thread Starter: jungleland1972

So I am planning on my first cold weather hike (Maryland section of the AT in December). I decided to test some of my gear last night by tenting in my

Last Post By: Traffic Jam Today, 13:10 Go to last post
    Gambit McCrae

Has Society Become Softer

Thread Starter: Gambit McCrae

I personally am a firm believer that on average, as time goes on, society becomes softer. As it has always been mentioned forever before Grandma Gatewood

Last Post By: illabelle Today, 13:08 Go to last post
    Tyler8895

WTB: Osprey Exos 38 M & 20-30* down long sleeping bag

Thread Starter: Tyler8895

I’m looking for a 20-30 degree long down sleeping bag or quilt for under $100. I found a Kelty Cosmic Down 20 for $110 online, but I figured I would see

Last Post By: Tyler8895 Today, 12:30 Go to last post
    Gambit McCrae

Percentage of Success vs Population On Trail Over Time - Math and Estimation

Thread Starter: Gambit McCrae

We can take this concept in increments of a decade. How do you think the % of completion has changed as the decades click by. I want to look at it from

Last Post By: Gambit McCrae Today, 12:29 Go to last post
    GaryM

Camp alarms?

Thread Starter: GaryM

Has anyone every used any sort of camp alarm? Either trip wire around tent or pressure release switch activating a light or siren to warn against bears

Last Post By: Leo L. Today, 12:20 Go to last post
    Mother Natures Son

Big Storm

Thread Starter: Mother Natures Son

The big Snow and Ice storm is to hit most of the East by Saturday. Near the trail, Snow might get up to 8-12"+ here in S.C. PA. After that, major

Last Post By: Slo-go'en Today, 12:04 Go to last post