User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

orthofingers

Source of Pre cooked, bulk, dehydrated pinto beans?

Thread Starter: orthofingers

I don't get tired of beans on a long hike. I found one source but they require a minimum order of 150 pounds at a cost of $894. I wouldn't mind buying

Last Post By: CalebJ Today, 14:53 Go to last post
    andymc

Zpacks Duplex problem

Thread Starter: andymc

Anyone have experience with this loose seam tape? The tent is brand new and I have places like these all around the apex points and the

Last Post By: CalebJ Today, 14:52 Go to last post
    Midwest Mike

InsectShield groundsheet project

Thread Starter: Midwest Mike

I've never MYOG'd anything more complex than a cat stove, so although my questions may seem overly obvious, please bear with me. I'm thinking about forgoing

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 14:49 Go to last post
    duct tape

loft mountain stealth campsites

Thread Starter: duct tape

Planning a 75 mile sobo section hike later next month. Planned to stay at Loft Mountain Campground first night after about 17 miles, but there are no

Last Post By: duct tape Today, 14:36 Go to last post
    1hammer

Flip-Flop question

Thread Starter: 1hammer

Hi - I am interested in attempting a thru-hike starting at Harpers Ferry going Northbound to avoid the worst of the 'bubble' on a NOBO hike. On most reports

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 14:09 Go to last post
    Quik

Third Thru-Hike

Thread Starter: Quik

I have decided to do a third thru-hike this year, this time SOBO. 2010 NOBO, 2018 Flip-Flop. This is what happens when I have too much free time on my

Last Post By: Astro Today, 14:09 Go to last post