User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Sporky

Knives AND self-defense on A.T.

Thread Starter: Sporky

So, when I first (the only time) went on the A.T., I thought I felt pretty comfortable with the place, and the safety aspect. I'm an east coaster, from

Last Post By: TwistedCF Today, 14:10 Go to last post
    Fenway

March NOBO clothing

Thread Starter: Fenway

Greetings, all.

Planning March 3 start NOBO. Put in many miles hiking around the world, but haven't done too much in cold weather. My layering

Last Post By: 4eyedbuzzard Today, 13:51 Go to last post
    Fenway

early March NOBO stories

Thread Starter: Fenway

Greetings, all. New to the forum. Have sights set on early March start from Springer. Would be grateful to hear tales from other NOBOs who set off in

Last Post By: RockDoc Today, 13:50 Go to last post
    Scooter7975

Nobo bubble location in mid July

Thread Starter: Scooter7975

I want to join the very northern end of "the nobo bubble" in mid July. My research shows that the faster of the March starters will typically

Last Post By: LazyLightning Today, 13:48 Go to last post
    1azarus

Martin Luther King weekend Harriman group hike VIII

Thread Starter: 1azarus

Time to start fantasizing about winter hiking. Any chance it would be better all around to get together the weekend after MLK? Friday/ Saturday night

Last Post By: coach lou Today, 13:20 Go to last post
    Perkinse

How to Fund a Thru Hike

Thread Starter: Perkinse

Hi everyone, I am planning on thru hiking the AT in March 2021 and I'm just curious as to what some of y'all have done to help fund the trip! I'm currently

Last Post By: Wyoming Today, 13:16 Go to last post