User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Game Warden

Tarps vs bugs

Thread Starter: Game Warden

I am thinking about going to a tarp shelter instead of a tent. My chief concern is mosquitos. Does anyone have any experience in bug season with a tarp?

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 12:07 Go to last post
    BIG TIGER

FS BA Lost Ranger 15 Long

Thread Starter: BIG TIGER

FS Big Agnes Lost Ranger 15 Long right zip. Comes with storage bag and stuff sack. Used 1 night excellent condition. PP $160 shipped conus. Ron

Last Post By: BIG TIGER Today, 11:55 Go to last post
    Lifersol

Has anyone used the Fjallraven KaiPak 58?

Thread Starter: Lifersol

I picked up this pack recently and love the durability. I'm just wondering what, if anything, people know about this pack?

Last Post By: Lifersol Today, 11:36 Go to last post
    TwigBoy

Anyone use candle- powered, lights in their tents these days?

Thread Starter: TwigBoy

I ask because when I section-hiked in the 90ís (pre-smart phones era) I used this. I just weighed it & it came to .3 pounds [emoji848] I guess itís

Last Post By: TwoSpirits Today, 11:30 Go to last post
    Dcotton54

AT in Shenandoah National Park.

Thread Starter: Dcotton54

Howdy all, Im a trail Overseer up in SNP and wanted to pass on that good progress has been made getting the tail cleared after the Ice Storms and shutdown.

Last Post By: Coffee Today, 10:27 Go to last post
    Storminnorman

Bombas Socks

Thread Starter: Storminnorman

I was given a few pair of Bombas hiking socks. Has anyone tried them out on the trail and if so how did they work out for you?

Last Post By: elray Today, 10:23 Go to last post