User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Maineiac64

PCT or AZT mid May?

Thread Starter: Maineiac64

I will be in Phoenix in mid May and was planning on spending a week backpacking somewhere, looking for fun hikes, donít really want to do any grand canyon

Last Post By: yaduck9 Today, 14:08 Go to last post
    Mother Natures Son

Romantic places on the Trail

Thread Starter: Mother Natures Son

This, being Valentine's Day, I have to ask, is there any romantic places, trail towns, that would cause your heart to flutter on a day like this? My personal

Last Post By: rickb Today, 14:01 Go to last post
    Nameth

Gossamer/Borah Gear Combo

Thread Starter: Nameth

New, never used Borah Bug Bivy(6.98oz), side zip(R) and 2nd owner, never used by me Gossamer Twinn Tarp, w/Lineloc 3s and guylines(9.31oz), excellent

Last Post By: Nameth Today, 13:46 Go to last post
    Former Admin

Cougars ( mountain lions)

Thread Starter: Former Admin

There have been reports of mountain lions making a comeback along the trail. For many years these animals have been thought of all but extinct along the

Last Post By: Traillium Today, 13:42 Go to last post
    Decibel

FS: Nemo Obi 1 Elite tent

Thread Starter: Decibel

For Sale: One Nemo Obi 1 Elite tent in excellent condition. This tent was used for only 1 night and has been stored properly. I just don't get out that

Last Post By: Decibel Today, 13:26 Go to last post
    chknfngrs

Flower Lake from Onion Valley

Thread Starter: chknfngrs

Iím confused with permits. Iím trying to go from from Onion Valley into the section of JMT south to Mt Whitney.

Night one is going to

Last Post By: mtngoat01 Today, 12:37 Go to last post