User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

FlyPaper

How will coronavirus affect hiking this year?

Thread Starter: FlyPaper

Doesn't seem easy to predict. It might be a good time to be away from civilization, but not sure how smart it would be to sleep in shelters.

Last Post By: The Old Chief Today, 13:07 Go to last post
    Haus8414

Hiking Boots or Shoes?

Thread Starter: Haus8414

So I'm looking for some ideas on footwear for the trail. What do you prefer and why, and how many pairs should I plan to go through.

Last Post By: peakbagger Today, 13:05 Go to last post
    blackwater slim

Tuxachanie Trail-South Mississippi-report

Thread Starter: blackwater slim

Last Friday-May 6-My two buddies and I went out for a one night expedition-we didn't have a lot of time but had the hankering to get in the woods. We

Last Post By: Tuxhiker Today, 12:51 Go to last post
    RuthN

"The Ethics of Thru-Hiking During the COVID-19 Pandemic"

Thread Starter: RuthN

I found this article on the Outside website to be fairly objective. It quotes people who fall into three groups: those who are attempting to thru-hike

Last Post By: Nanatuk Today, 12:29 Go to last post
    AsoloBootsSuk

Knife Love Thread

Thread Starter: AsoloBootsSuk

If you think knives are unnecessary or toxic-ally masculine, this thread is not for you. Stop now and turn away! For everyone else, what is you favorite

Last Post By: needlefish Today, 12:29 Go to last post
    randy.shopher

Megawoodswalker rip

Thread Starter: randy.shopher

Sad to find out that Kevin passed away in January. Wondered why he hadn't posted a video and investigated. He was a good person and posted many informative

Last Post By: danil411 Today, 11:08 Go to last post