User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

devoidapop

Mosquitoes on the Foothills Trail

Thread Starter: devoidapop

I plan to hike the Foothills Trail the 3rd week of March and I'm not sure if I'll need any bug protection. I never have on any other trips but I've never

Last Post By: Pondjumpr Today, 12:50 Go to last post
    Bootstrap

Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast, near 19E

Thread Starter: Bootstrap

I had a really good experience with the Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast this last weekend. They have a *wonderful* hiker's cabin, with both a 4-bed

Last Post By: windlion Today, 12:33 Go to last post
    coach lou

Mlk vii

Thread Starter: coach lou

We have discussed Meeting Saturday Night at Big Hill Shelter, in Harriman Park. Exit 15 Palisade Parkway or exit 14. 15 is Route 106, 14 is route 98/106.

Last Post By: 1azarus Today, 12:31 Go to last post
    Game Warden

Gear theft

Thread Starter: Game Warden

I'm not asking about theft at parking lots, trailheads, etc. I know that happens, usually from non-hikers. I mean theft in the back country, on the AT

Last Post By: Captain Panda Today, 12:28 Go to last post
    handlebar

Parking at Gold Hill TH - Late Sept Traverse of 10-Mile Range and Part of Gore Range

Thread Starter: handlebar

I am planning a hike of the 10-Mile Range and Gore Range to the side trail for Silverthorne during the last week of September using the Summit Stage to

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 12:25 Go to last post
    4runner

Garbage burning at the evening campfire

Thread Starter: 4runner

Anyone have any reasonable suggestions for discouraging the burning of garbage at the evening campfire??

I have a tough time, even with campers

Last Post By: perdidochas Today, 12:13 Go to last post