User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

mojamba

A summary of my 2019 thru-hike (statistics and expenses)

Thread Starter: mojamba

Hi everyone. I thru-hiked last year and tracked all my expenses as well as my daily progress in detail. Recently I wrote a blog post summarizing all that

Last Post By: mojamba Today, 09:36 Go to last post
    mojamba

AT Planning, Resupply and POI Spreadsheet

Thread Starter: mojamba

Hi, I am new here so hopefully this post is OK and in the right sub-forum. I am a 2019 thru-hiker and I have put together a Google spreadsheet with various

Last Post By: mojamba Today, 09:32 Go to last post
    CrumbSnatcher

Colorado Thru Hike

Thread Starter: CrumbSnatcher

For those that have hiked the CT, Did you Plan/show up to Colorado early before the hike to try to acclimate to the elevation before hiking? few days

Last Post By: colorado_rob Today, 08:50 Go to last post
    Arden

20 year old tent any good?

Thread Starter: Arden

hey all;
    I've got a 20 year old Mountain Hardwear 'Night View' 2 person tent which has been used lightly and stored in a closed container (not airtight)

Last Post By: Traveler Today, 08:20 Go to last post
    Haus8414

2021 Trail Crowding?

Thread Starter: Haus8414

So I'm planning and very much dedicated to hitting the trail in March 2021. Im wondering do people think it will be a busy year in 2021 because of the

Last Post By: Jeff Today, 07:49 Go to last post
    RuthN

"The Ethics of Thru-Hiking During the COVID-19 Pandemic"

Thread Starter: RuthN

I found this article on the Outside website to be fairly objective. It quotes people who fall into three groups: those who are attempting to thru-hike

Last Post By: QuietStorm Today, 07:10 Go to last post