WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

• Random Images

• attroll

NAVIGATION TIPS
    George G. Spearing

Hiking, and in particular hiking in remote areas, is a great experience if approached with due regard for fitness, safety and skill. One of the major skill categories, is the ability to navigate with or without compass and map. Ideally, no one should head off the beaten track without map or compass, but what if you find yourself in ...

River Crossing Safety Tips
    George G. Spearing

River crossings can be deceptively hazardous. Even a very shallow swiftly flowing body of water can pack enough force to 'skittle' the unwary. If you cannot ...

Hiking With a Dog Considerations
    1. Type of relationship you have with your dog
    2. Breed of dog
    3. Will the dog carry a pack
    4. Dog boots
    5. Is the dog fully socialized
    Article Preview

The Thru-Hiker's Medical Guide
    By: Stewart Anderson, MD PCT Cabron

About me: I grew up in Texas and went to med school there in Galveston. After which, I walked the PCT from So Cal to Canada in 2003 between my internship and residency in Emergency Medicine in Boston, MA.

Introduction:
    I began thinking about writing this guide about 4 years ago while plodding my way up the PCT. Then, in 2006, I passed out a survey on the AT and PCT to see what were the most common injuries and illnesses, and from that and my own experience came this guide. I also leaned heavily on a few excellent and thorough texts and websites that I recommend if you’re interested in learning more (they are listed at the end). In the interest of keeping the guide light and useful, I purposely did not dwell on disaster injuries, like “I fell off a cliff and broke my_____”. If this happens make the crooked things straight and get help.
    by
    1. Categories:
    2. Data

This listing is five years old and needs to be update. I have not had time to work on it. If anyone would like to help,
    1. Categories:
    2. Resupply,
    3. Transportation

This listing is out of date. The new listing is here: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/shuttles-2016.php Some of the information included

WhiteBlaze Shuttle listing, last updated 01/09/2015

Some of the information included in this list is from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy site and can be found in the original format here:

A.T. Shuttle and Public Transportation Providers 

Hanover NH to Monson Maine Printable version
    By Jack “Baltimore Jack” Tarlin
    Most recently Updated February 2007
    by
    1. Categories:
    2. Data

Untitled 3