WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

• Random Images

• attroll

The preview text goes here. If you don't enter anything here, the pagetext will be stripped of html and the beginning will be used.
    1. Categories:
    2. Advice

On a long distance hike we all learn tricks we never read about in books. Like: Hanging washed socks on my pack with a safety pin, then when they are still a little damp tossing them in my sleeping bag so my body heat dries them completely. On a wet day an excellent fire starter is alcohol hand sanitizer but watch the blue flame. Filtering water through a bandana to remove the floaties before treating it were three tricks I learned the first week out. We know there are a million more tricks backpackers use to make their hike more pleasant.

NAVIGATION TIPS
    BY George G. Spearing

Hiking, and in particular hiking in remote areas, is a great experience if approached with due regard for fitness, safety and skill. One of the major skill categories, is the ability to navigate with or without compass and map. Ideally, no one should head off the beaten track without map or compass, but what if you find yourself in that situation, or you lose or damage your compass?

Hiking With a Dog Considerations
    By: Jim Thompson aka Superman/Winter GA>ME 2000

1. Type of relationship you have with your dog
    2. Breed of dog
    3. Will the dog carry a pack
    4. Dog boots

River Crossing Safety Tips
    By: George G. Spearing

River crossings can be deceptively hazardous. Even a very shallow swiftly flowing body of water can pack enough force to 'skittle' the unwary. If you cannot walk at the speed of a stick ...

This is Pacific Crest Trail resupply information for Washington from mile 2188 to 2574, Stabler Country Store to
    Stehekin ...

This is Pacific Crest Trail resupply information for British Columbia for mile 2663,Manning Park Resort

This is Pacific Crest Trail resupply information for Northern California from mile 1198 to 1662, Red Moose Inn to
    Seiad Valley
    Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
  • Newest Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 1061 users online. 7 members and 1054 guests

Most users ever online was 12,213, 01-10-2024 at 01:07.

1. apkleinschmidt,
    2. Astro,
    3. pryceaaron,
    4. Siestita,
    5. skidhiker,
    6. Slow Trek,
    7. Slugg