WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

• Random Images

• attroll

River Crossing Safety Tips
    George G. Spearing

River crossings can be deceptively hazardous. Even a very shallow swiftly flowing body of water can pack enough force to 'skittle' the unwary. If you cannot ...

Hiking With a Dog Considerations
    1. Type of relationship you have with your dog
    2. Breed of dog
    3. Will the dog carry a pack
    4. Dog boots
    5. Is the dog fully socialized
    Article Preview

The Thru-Hiker's Medical Guide
    By: Stewart Anderson, MD PCT Cabron

About me: I grew up in Texas and went to med school there in Galveston. After which, I walked the PCT from So Cal to Canada in 2003 between my internship and residency in Emergency Medicine in Boston, MA.

Introduction:
    I began thinking about writing this guide about 4 years ago while plodding my way up the PCT. Then, in 2006, I passed out a survey on the AT and PCT to see what were the most common injuries and illnesses, and from that and my own experience came this guide. I also leaned heavily on a few excellent and thorough texts and websites that I recommend if you’re interested in learning more (they are listed at the end). In the interest of keeping the guide light and useful, I purposely did not dwell on disaster injuries, like “I fell off a cliff and broke my_____”. If this happens make the crooked things straight and get help.
    by
    1. Categories:
    2. Data

This listing is five years old and needs to be update. I have not had time to work on it. If anyone would like to help,
    1. Categories:
    2. Resupply,
    3. Transportation

This listing is out of date. The new listing is here: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/shuttles-2016.php Some of the information included

WhiteBlaze Shuttle listing, last updated 01/09/2015

Some of the information included in this list is from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy site and can be found in the original format here:

A.T. Shuttle and Public Transportation Providers 

Hanover NH to Monson Maine Printable version
    By Jack “Baltimore Jack” Tarlin
    Most recently Updated February 2007
    by
    1. Categories:
    2. Data

Untitled 3