User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

LittleMartin

Pearisburg to Catawba

Thread Starter: LittleMartin

I'm planning to do a section from Pearisburg to Catawba in Virginia in mid October. I'm not sure if it's best to end at Four Pines Hostel and have my

Last Post By: JPritch Today, 10:14 Go to last post
    Flores

First timer NOBO Section hike from Damascus with questions

Thread Starter: Flores

First time poster and first time section hiker coming up in a few weeks. I am starting in Damascus and heading NOBO for a 3 day hike hoping to end Fox

Last Post By: Flores Today, 10:12 Go to last post
    DownYonder

GSMNP avoiding shelters?

Thread Starter: DownYonder

I've done all of the NC & TN portion of the trail except for the park. I have hip issues that makes sleeping on the ground impossible. The pain

Last Post By: madgoat Today, 09:52 Go to last post
    TheVermonster

Hammock for the Long Trail

Thread Starter: TheVermonster

I'm going out for 10 days on the LT and am interested in buying a used lightweight hammock/bug net/tarp if anyone's selling. Thanks!

Last Post By: TheVermonster Today, 09:32 Go to last post
    RockDoc

Hiking with 10 days food

Thread Starter: RockDoc

Planning 10 days on PCT, Section K, Rainy Pass to Stevens Pass, WA (no resupply at Stehekin). Our packs are dialed in at 20 lbs, but 10 x 2 lbs/day food

Last Post By: double d Today, 09:15 Go to last post
    Megapixel

Wonderland Trail Cache : Mail vs. Drive&Drop

Thread Starter: Megapixel

I'm trying to think through how I want to proceed with my food caches. I'm also going in for a walk up permit, end of August, mid week. Obviously Mailing

Last Post By: garlic08 Today, 07:28 Go to last post