User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Mother Natures Son

Summer Sausage

Thread Starter: Mother Natures Son

Went to the store today to pick up some snacks for the trail. Lo and behold they had summer sausage, which brings back a flood of memories of Pepperidge

Last Post By: gpburdelljr Today, 16:52 Go to last post
    Incahiker

Fatal bear attack list...

Thread Starter: Incahiker

I just found this on wikipedia. I am sure many of you have seen it, but for many of you that haven't, here it is.

Seems like black bears

Last Post By: GoldenBear Today, 16:46 Go to last post
    Pacific_Creek

Fall trip in jeopardy?

Thread Starter: Pacific_Creek

I had planned on doing the first 50 miles of the trail with my high school senior in october. I had worked pretty hard in the gym to drop 30 lbs and

Last Post By: johnacraft Today, 16:43 Go to last post
    tessiea

20F Underquilt: Full Length vs Partial + Pad

Thread Starter: tessiea

Considering an AT thru hike starting February 2020. I currently have a UGQ Zeppelin 20 full length underquilt but I'm wondering if this is worth switching

Last Post By: Jayne Today, 16:37 Go to last post
    BenK

Topo maps for unpopular areas?

Thread Starter: BenK

Can someone suggest where or how to obtain topo maps for local/unpopular hiking areas? I am specifically looking for Ma and RI. I would like to practice

Last Post By: atraildreamer Today, 16:24 Go to last post
    Mccabe5

lost clothes bag at Wawayanda Shelter

Thread Starter: Mccabe5

I left a red stuff sack with clothes in it including the bottoms of my hiking pants at the Wawayanda Shelter on 7/20/19. If you found it please email

Last Post By: Mouser999 Today, 15:44 Go to last post