User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

RangerZ

Hadrian's Wall hike

Thread Starter: RangerZ

I can't get my wife to join me on the AT (tents, hills, backpacks, etc) but she's receptive to hiking Hadrian's Wall in Great Britain (B&Bs, inns,

Last Post By: Feral Bill Today, 22:05 Go to last post
    W8lkinUSA

Long Distance Hiking in Bedrock Cairn (Pro) Sandals

Thread Starter: W8lkinUSA

TLDR:
    I've read from Bedrock's columns that some people have used the sandals for entire thruhikes and saved a bundle on trail runner replacements.

Last Post By: W8lkinUSA Today, 22:04 Go to last post
    Pony

Volunteer Naturalist Program

Thread Starter: Pony

So, I enrolled in a course thru Ohio State University and the Licking County Parks District and Soil and Water Conservation to become a volunteer naturalist.

Last Post By: Pony Today, 22:03 Go to last post
    DH42

Advice for first hike on AT (Duncannon - Harpers Ferry)

Thread Starter: DH42

Hey,

I am planning to do my first section hike of the AT. Looking at doing the stretch between Duncannon and Harper's Ferry and had a few

Last Post By: DH42 Today, 21:53 Go to last post
    steady123

Zpacks arc management

Thread Starter: steady123

Just received a Zpacks arc haul backpack. During a hike do you release the arc tension straps at night or during a zero or only during long term storage?

Last Post By: bigcranky Today, 21:29 Go to last post
    FredSwartz57

Ditching the Sleeping Bag for a light Quilt

Thread Starter: FredSwartz57

Hoping to hike the Florida Trail from Etoniah Forest Iron Bridge Shelter to Alexander Springs, The weekend after Easter April 25. Was hoping the weather

Last Post By: bigcranky Today, 21:29 Go to last post