User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

AT group hike

Thread Starter: 120

70yr old looking for 5-6 60yr old and older to thru-hike AT beginning about Mar 15, 2019. We will hike part of each day together, camp together and go

Last Post By: 120 Today, 11:53 Go to last post
    volleypc

Tent recommendations for Alaska?

Thread Starter: volleypc

I started using a hammock in 2006 and never looked back. Now Iím going to be spending the next three months in Alaska for work but will have plenty of

Last Post By: Venchka Today, 10:59 Go to last post
    BlackCloud

2018 Fall Foliage Schedule

Thread Starter: BlackCloud

I just came back from Shenandoah NP and it's almost as green as summer up there. My records indicate the the teen weekend of October is typically the

Last Post By: full conditions Today, 10:31 Go to last post
    foodbag

Katabatic Gear Knik 40

Thread Starter: foodbag

Has anyone had any experience with Katabatic Gear's Knik V40 or any of the other Knik 40 ultralight packs. I'm thinking of getting one.

Last Post By: trailmercury Today, 09:59 Go to last post
    Pastor Bryon

Looking to test drive MLD Trailstar and Cricket

Thread Starter: Pastor Bryon

Anyone in my neck of the woods (Blacksburg, VA to Front Royal, VA and parts in between) have a MLD Trailstar and/or Cricket they would let me meet up

Last Post By: saltysack Today, 08:40 Go to last post
    colorado_rob

Loop hike late October to mid November....

Thread Starter: colorado_rob

After lots of thought comparing various trails (like the Ozark Highlands Trail and Ouachita trail), I think I've decided to do a BMT/AT loop hike starting

Last Post By: Linesman Today, 07:16 Go to last post