User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

copro

WTB Waterproof 3 season Bivy

Thread Starter: copro

Looking for a waterproof bivy, not too heavy, but doesn't necessarily need to be ultralight. Looking to spend less than $100. I like what I see at MSR

Last Post By: greensleep Today, 10:24 Go to last post
    John B

Let's keep it clean, y'all

Thread Starter: John B

I disagree with the notion that if you hike for multiple days, you will necessarily smell like a pig farm on a rainy day.

Attached is a pic

Last Post By: TexasBob Today, 09:41 Go to last post
    Mother Natures Son

Summer Sausage

Thread Starter: Mother Natures Son

Went to the store today to pick up some snacks for the trail. Lo and behold they had summer sausage, which brings back a flood of memories of Pepperidge

Last Post By: Deacon Today, 09:28 Go to last post
    tessiea

20F Underquilt: Full Length vs Partial + Pad

Thread Starter: tessiea

Considering an AT thru hike starting February 2020. I currently have a UGQ Zeppelin 20 full length underquilt but I'm wondering if this is worth switching

Last Post By: gbolt Today, 08:50 Go to last post
    Lauriep

Comers Creek Bridge is unsafe, do not use (SW Virginia)

Thread Starter: Lauriep

The footbridge over Comers Creek has recently been found to be unsafe and should not be used. This is at northbound mile 518.8, 1.3 miles south of the

Last Post By: Lauriep Today, 08:46 Go to last post
    icebeard

Water situation in Massachusetts

Thread Starter: icebeard

Headed to do the Massachusetts section here in the next week. Was wondering if anyone had any recent feedback on how well the springs are flowing up

Last Post By: greatexpectations Today, 01:12 Go to last post