User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Squirrel29

kelty cosmic down

Thread Starter: Squirrel29

Wanted to get some advise on the kelty cosmic down bags. Looking to buy a good bag that wont break the bank. Thanks

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Today, 12:34 Go to last post
    Wesgoat

Where to live

Thread Starter: Wesgoat

I got into backpacking 3 years ago. I live in South Florida and there are not alot of opportunities for hiking here. Yes, i know about the Florida trail

Last Post By: Old Grouse Today, 12:28 Go to last post
    Pony

Am I the jerk?

Thread Starter: Pony

So, a couple of weeks ago, I was at Dolly Sods Wilderness. As I was breaking camp on my first morning, I noticed a couple in their early twenties approaching

Last Post By: Speakeasy TN Today, 12:13 Go to last post
    HandyRandy

Planning a section hike of the Whites in December and have questions

Thread Starter: HandyRandy

My hiking buddy and I are planning on backpacking the Whites mid-December. We’re flying to Logan Airport in Boston. The best forms of transportation that

Last Post By: peakbagger Today, 11:49 Go to last post
    greenmtnboy

Alcohol consumption and prohibiitions

Thread Starter: greenmtnboy

I have seen a few of the free or low cost hiker hostels affected by rambunctious, disorderly behavior involving alcohol use, some close to all hikers.

Last Post By: Tipi Walter Today, 11:33 Go to last post
    cmarshall099

Bring a Fleece and a Puffy for Early March NOBO Start

Thread Starter: cmarshall099

I'm leaving Springer on March 3rd 2019 and trying to dial in my gear the best I can before hand. I'm really trying to prepare for the cold weather in

Last Post By: Tipi Walter Today, 11:18 Go to last post