User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Plain Pete

Damascus Trail Days Cancelled - Buy a Shirt

Thread Starter: Plain Pete

As some of you might know, Damascus Trail Days 2020 has been cancelled due to virus concerns. The town, which has supported hikers for years has tons

Last Post By: cneill13 Today, 10:55 Go to last post
    perrymk

Trowel test

Thread Starter: perrymk

So I've accumulated a collection of backpacking trowels. I got to thinking comparing them might be fun, or at least a way to pass the time. But I like

Last Post By: u.w. Today, 09:35 Go to last post
    shorembo

GA / Southern NC 5 day hike

Thread Starter: shorembo

I am thinking about a 5 day hike sometime either July or September/October. I would have to travel from Central Florida so I am thinking either GA or

Last Post By: Slo-go'en Yesterday, 17:54 Go to last post
    WhiteBlaze

Injured Appalachian Trail hiker triggers hours-long rescue in PA - PennLive

Thread Starter: WhiteBlaze

<a href="https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2020/05/injured-appalachian-trail-hiker-trigger-hours-long-rescue-in-pa.html" target="_blank">Injured

Last Post By: u.w. Yesterday, 16:26 Go to last post
    Parisiluv

Parking--Hiawassee or Clayton

Thread Starter: Parisiluv

HI any suggestions where i could park my car for a week in Hiawassee or clayton...I will be hiking North starting tuesday, May 26?

Last Post By: Falcon Yesterday, 16:04 Go to last post
    Soulman77

Shuttles

Thread Starter: Soulman77

I am looking to do a thru hike of the PA section in 2022. Any leads on shuttles? Ideally, I would like to drop a car off at Penn Mar Park and find my

Last Post By: atraildreamer Yesterday, 14:42 Go to last post