User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

TSWisla

AT North heading from Newfound Gap

Thread Starter: TSWisla

Can anyone tell me if there are any trailhead or roads that come near the AT heading North out of Newfound Gap? I will be in the GSM in March with my

Last Post By: Paleolith54 Today, 17:25 Go to last post
    smithjv

Protein diet vs gout

Thread Starter: smithjv

I am a section hiker recently diagnosed with gout, a form of arthritis that results from too much protein that forms uric acid crytals which create joint

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 17:23 Go to last post
    Ginger.Snap

Clumpy down

Thread Starter: Ginger.Snap

Hey all,
    I have just recently washed my down underquilt and topquilt after over 60 nights of continuous use I thought it was time. I used Nikwax

Last Post By: Time Zone Today, 17:15 Go to last post
    DrL

Trail running has replaced backpacking

Thread Starter: DrL

Trail running has dominated my (limited) free time. Long runs have replaced section hikes.
    Then someone suggested a quick overnight before the nights

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 16:58 Go to last post
    dukeedwards

Pinedale

Thread Starter: dukeedwards

I work for the Visitor's Center here in Pinedale and I spend most of my summer in the Winds hiking and climbing. Our town is wanting to become the favorite

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 16:56 Go to last post
    ldsailor

On November 3, GPS Rollover Could Affect Older Phones and GPS Device Accuracy

Thread Starter: ldsailor

Below is from the Verizon web site, which explains a potential GPS problem. Apparently, this is associated with the GPS week number roll over that took

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 16:27 Go to last post