User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Highland Goat

Four-State Challenge

Thread Starter: Highland Goat

Over the years there has been some debate about what the Four-State Challenge actually consists of. Yesterday I hiked the long version with a marathoner

Last Post By: tdoczi Today, 17:12 Go to last post
    misterfloyd

z packs sleeping bags

Thread Starter: misterfloyd

Hello,

I'm asking if anyone has any experience with Z packs sleeping bags, the ones with the zipper in the back. not interested in their

Last Post By: notbad Today, 17:02 Go to last post
    klp

NOBO versus flip flop mid April 2019 hiking buddy

Thread Starter: klp

Planning on thru hike 2019. Just retired and AT is on my bucket list! I'm fit, active but not a lot of back backing experience so a little nervous.

Last Post By: KnightErrant Today, 16:50 Go to last post
    BlackCloud

2018 Fall Foliage Schedule

Thread Starter: BlackCloud

I just came back from Shenandoah NP and it's almost as green as summer up there. My records indicate the the teen weekend of October is typically the

Last Post By: Crushed Grapes Today, 16:42 Go to last post
    NJdreamer

Bears in Shenandoah national park

Thread Starter: NJdreamer

I read recent updates in Guthooks and ATC.org about bears in the hut areas of the Shenandoah national park. I will hang all smellables and food. Does

Last Post By: johnnybgood Today, 16:17 Go to last post
    mountain squid

2019 Thru-Hike Registry

Thread Starter: mountain squid

Wow! Has a year gone by already. I'm sure many of next years hikers are itching to hit the trail now. Just be patient, only a few more months ...

Last Post By: methodman Today, 16:01 Go to last post