User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

lifeisalwaysgood

What are the most common newbie mistakes?

Thread Starter: lifeisalwaysgood

I want to avoid the most common mistakes and many of you folks are experts with first hand experience of hiking the Appalachian trail.

Last Post By: LazyLightning Today, 20:42 Go to last post
    Tortoise2014

rate per mile for shuttle?

Thread Starter: Tortoise2014

My understanding is that some shuttle drivers will quote a price while others just tell you their mileage and let you determine what you think is fair.

Last Post By: Mike Goodman Today, 20:12 Go to last post
    lifeisalwaysgood

The ultimate list of dangers?

Thread Starter: lifeisalwaysgood

While i understand not all of these you will encounter, if any at all but I wanted to make sure i hadn't forgotten any. Here is a list of potential dangers

Last Post By: Durunner Today, 20:04 Go to last post
    Randy Watson

Durston X-mid

Thread Starter: Randy Watson

Received mine about a week ago. Set it up in some classic New Zealand winter rain, after 30 hours not a drop got inside, my MLD Solomid XL leaked in

Last Post By: MtDoraDave Today, 19:37 Go to last post
    IslandPete

Recommend short sections...

Thread Starter: IslandPete

So, in 2017 my wife, my dog, and myself thru hiked. Our first and only backpacking trip. And loved it! We’re back on the east coast, and have all our

Last Post By: IslandPete Today, 19:14 Go to last post
    Tipi Walter

Citico Expedition in 21 Days

Thread Starter: Tipi Walter

This June/July trip starts in Citico Creek Wilderness in Tennessee as I get dropped off in Grassy Gap and start the long trip on the Grassy Branch Trail.

Last Post By: Tipi Walter Today, 18:54 Go to last post