User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

coach lou

Mlk vii

Thread Starter: coach lou

We have discussed Meeting Saturday Night at Big Hill Shelter, in Harriman Park. Exit 15 Palisade Parkway or exit 14. 15 is Route 106, 14 is route 98/106.

Last Post By: coach lou Today, 10:36 Go to last post
    J-M

February Week Long SoCal Section

Thread Starter: J-M

Hello,

I'm looking to do about 1.5 week section of the Southern portion of the PCT late February, can anyone recommend a particular section?

Last Post By: gwschenk Today, 10:19 Go to last post
    TwoSpirits

How Cold is Too Cold?

Thread Starter: TwoSpirits

The other day one of my neighbors, who is always quite puzzled by this hiking thing I do, asked me how cold is too cold?

Of course there

Last Post By: Gambit McCrae Today, 10:15 Go to last post
    l0ngterm

Is there a SoRuck event this weekend?

Thread Starter: l0ngterm

I'm last minute heading out in the morning for an AT weekend and thought there was a SORUCK gathering. I've always wanted to attend but can't find reliable

Last Post By: Gambit McCrae Today, 10:07 Go to last post
    methodman

Great Smoky Mountains Thru Hiker Permit

Thread Starter: methodman

When you go online to get the permit, what are the acceptable methods of payment? Also, are you able to print the permit immediately or is there a waiting

Last Post By: Starchild Today, 10:07 Go to last post
    Jtrobertson2013

Finding ones self

Thread Starter: Jtrobertson2013

I've been seriously thinking about the Appalachian Trail and all it has to offer. I've always enjoyed camping but I've read a lot about how a long distance

Last Post By: Deadeye Today, 10:07 Go to last post