User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Popnfrsh24

Smoky Mountains 2-3 day hike

Thread Starter: Popnfrsh24

Hey there!

Lighthouse here! I was a 2013 NOBOer. I have been back in the "real world" ever since and still miss the trail.

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Today, 23:13 Go to last post
    bkflex55

Framed or Frameless?

Thread Starter: bkflex55

Hello all. My wife and I are planning for an AT thru hike next year. She is 5"3 and around 110lbs. We are both in our early 50s. She doesn't

Last Post By: Pringles Today, 22:32 Go to last post
    WesleyCBruce

Dehydrated beans

Thread Starter: WesleyCBruce

I have never used dehydrated beans before. My question is- if dehydrated beans are placed in water and just sit will they absorb the water and be easily

Last Post By: Deadeye Today, 21:54 Go to last post
    JNI64

Justifiable homicide

Thread Starter: JNI64

Yay finally a good guy wins . Apparently over the weekend at deadman campground in tusilumne Colorado a couple sleeping in their tent a stranger enters

Last Post By: rickb Today, 21:53 Go to last post
    Candr01

mice climbing the bear cables

Thread Starter: Candr01

Hey Hey,

I just finished a short, solo (my first - woot!), section hike from Woody Gap to Unicoi Gap in GA. Whilst camping at Low Gap Shelter

Last Post By: Strategic Today, 21:52 Go to last post
    Kelso

Seeking Trekking Pole Tent Advice

Thread Starter: Kelso

I think Iíve got 4 tents Iím interested in but just cannot decide: Gossamer Gear The One, Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo, Lightheart Gear Solo, and Tarptents

Last Post By: Time Zone Today, 20:26 Go to last post