User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

V Eight

What weather App are you using?

Thread Starter: V Eight

I have been using Radar Now (android) for sometime. Very light for your phone and doesn't drain your battery. I like because it shows me the moving weather

Last Post By: Slo-go'en Today, 13:40 Go to last post
    IGY6

hiking the priest

Thread Starter: IGY6

My wife and I are looking into doing an overnight and have heard that the priest is challenging. We're interested in a longer/ 25+ mile hike, one night

Last Post By: u.w. Today, 13:36 Go to last post
    Berserker

Talk to me about quilts

Thread Starter: Berserker

I haven't bought any gear in a while, and I'm finally in the market for a quilt. Been wanting to do this for a couple of years now.

Last Post By: Berserker Today, 13:24 Go to last post
    PennyPincher

RV parking (with or without hookups) near AT

Thread Starter: PennyPincher

So here's a crazy idea. I want to attempt a thru hike next year. My husband is in full support of this. There are a couple of things which could prevent

Last Post By: perrymk Today, 12:28 Go to last post
    WhiteBlaze

Yet Another Court Has Ruled Against an Appalachian Trail Pipeline - Backpacker

Thread Starter: WhiteBlaze

<a href="https://www.backpacker.com/news-and-events/yet-another-court-has-ruled-against-an-appalachian-trail-pipeline" target="_blank">Yet

Last Post By: V Eight Today, 11:14 Go to last post
    jurahd

More lo tech

Thread Starter: jurahd

Short pad (cut a piece off discarded sleep pads)
    Put on outside of pack for easy access to sit ..resting on rocks and logs (especially when wet)

Last Post By: Tipi Walter Today, 11:05 Go to last post