User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

steve_zavocki

Anyone experience similar symptoms following extremely challenging hiking

Thread Starter: steve_zavocki

I got back 5 days ago from a hiking trip on the AT with my daughter in New Hampshire from Hanover to Lincoln. The second last day, we hiked over Moosilauke

Last Post By: Trailweaver Today, 01:42 Go to last post
    Megapixel

Backup

Thread Starter: Megapixel

What is the best lightweight backup for water treatment should the main filter malfunction ? Outside of boiling of course. I have micropur tabs that

Last Post By: OwenM Today, 01:14 Go to last post
    Erinswan

NEW Plexamid v Beta tent $525 free shipping

Thread Starter: Erinswan

Brand new never set up Plexamid Beta tent. Past solo now a family. I was planing on using this this summer however now plans have changed. $525 free shipping.

Last Post By: Pirie Today, 00:43 Go to last post
    DownYonder

GSMNP avoiding shelters?

Thread Starter: DownYonder

I've done all of the NC & TN portion of the trail except for the park. I have hip issues that makes sleeping on the ground impossible. The pain

Last Post By: The Weasel Yesterday, 23:59 Go to last post
    RockDoc

Hiking with 10 days food

Thread Starter: RockDoc

Planning 10 days on PCT, Section K, Rainy Pass to Stevens Pass, WA (no resupply at Stehekin). Our packs are dialed in at 20 lbs, but 10 x 2 lbs/day food

Last Post By: Dogwood Yesterday, 22:37 Go to last post
    Kelso

Does anyone have Montem Ultralight poles?

Thread Starter: Kelso

As of right now, I donít really like trekking poles but Iíd like to purchase them anyway to use in river crossings, for tent set up, and Iíve heard lots

Last Post By: MtDoraDave Yesterday, 21:56 Go to last post