User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

stilllife

SMD Skyscape Trekker

Thread Starter: stilllife

I bought a new Skyscape Trekker back in December and never set it up until yesterday in my backyard. I had Six Moons Designs do the seam sealing. Well

Last Post By: stilllife Today, 10:46 Go to last post
    colorado_rob

Connecticut and Mass in late October....

Thread Starter: colorado_rob

Just a gentle question for the locals in western MA/CT.... is late October a reasonable time of year to hike the AT through those parts? I realize

Last Post By: colorado_rob Today, 10:38 Go to last post
    Red Sky

Smokies and Tenting

Thread Starter: Red Sky

Planning to do the Newfound Gap to Pigeon River section in about 3 weeks, and pretty excited to be able to tent around the shelters instead of "sleep"

Last Post By: Red Sky Today, 10:36 Go to last post
    JNI64

Hiking in the heat

Thread Starter: JNI64

hiking in and camping in the heat is my least favorite time out. When it gets above 90' and humid and just sitting around your sweating yeah not fun.

Last Post By: Epsilon>0 Today, 10:30 Go to last post
    stilllife

Help me decide on my trip please

Thread Starter: stilllife

I'm taking 5 beginners for an overnight end of October. I've narrowed down to these three but open for other suggestions. Trying to avoid steep grades

Last Post By: abelquist Today, 10:22 Go to last post
    MyNameisChickenJoe

This was the worst hike I've ever done in my entire life

Thread Starter: MyNameisChickenJoe

I got off the AT last month, after 500 miles and decided to start meandering around the US, since my lease is up. I decided I'd first go to the FST to

Last Post By: Wesgoat Today, 09:42 Go to last post