WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

• Random Images

• The Solemates

by Published on 04-02-2012 23:39
    1. Categories:
    2. Advice

BE FOREWARNED: THIS IS A LONG POST!

Back before our thru-hike, I compiled this for the many people in my life who had no clue what we were about to undertake. So what follows is a VERY basic overview of some general trail advice that someone new to hiking could perhaps benefit from. I was doing some computer clean-up last night and found it. I post it here as a general guideline for people who come to whiteblaze to obtain information on their newfound hobby of backpacking, even though many will not agree with some of the ideas (ie, please withhold criticism). I simply cut and pasted it from a word document, so the format may be a little weird, but I tried to clean it up as much as possible. The original document had more information and also many tables, pictures, figures, and appendices, which I have not included. Its simply stripped down to text (minus a few other sections) for the most part. My hope is that the new hiker may perhaps find something beneficial in the process. Happy hiking!__________________________________________________ _________
  • Newest Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 885 users online. 8 members and 877 guests

Most users ever online was 12,213, 01-10-2024 at 01:07.

1. agregorasooglet2492,
    2. balexeyfrncesa2109,
    3. gpburdelljr,
    4. pryceaaron,
    5. swatsullivan,
    6. tiptoe,
    7. whatnot