User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

mountain squid

2019 Thru-Hike Registry

Thread Starter: mountain squid

Wow! Has a year gone by already. I'm sure many of next years hikers are itching to hit the trail now. Just be patient, only a few more months ...

Last Post By: Luke87 Today, 12:02 Go to last post
    ldsailor

Where is this year's "Oldest Thru-Hiker"?

Thread Starter: ldsailor

I read somewhere about a month ago that an 86 year old hiker is trying to break Grey Beard's record hike of 2017. That was the last I heard of the hiker.

Last Post By: ldsailor Today, 11:55 Go to last post
    mkroberts96

Cook pot size/brand for two people?

Thread Starter: mkroberts96

I'm looking for advice about what size pot we should bring for a thru-hike with two people. One being myself (I eat an average amount), one being my boyfriend

Last Post By: Odd Man Out Today, 11:53 Go to last post
    he.who.forgets

favorite light weight pocket knife w/scissors?

Thread Starter: he.who.forgets

Anyone have any suggestions on a lightweight pocket knife with a pair of small scissors? I know the obvious answer is the swiss army knife, but I'm always

Last Post By: BradMT Today, 11:20 Go to last post
    chknfngrs

Ibuprofen

Thread Starter: chknfngrs

Hey do these elite trail guys, Jurek, Meltzer, McConaughey, Saabe... do they take ibuprofen or are they in better condition?! I did 50 miles today and

Last Post By: stephanD Today, 10:55 Go to last post
    seakayaker

Freeze Dried Just Add Water Pouch - Recommendations Please

Thread Starter: seakayaker

Just getting started with backpacking. I'm sure I'll experiment with rolling some of my own food. However, I'd also like to know what brands of "off

Last Post By: Gambit McCrae Today, 10:48 Go to last post