WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

kristebbins

Planning My First Thru Hike 2017

Rate this Entry
Hey guys!
I am soon-to-be graduated from community college and planning to thru hike the AT next year. This will be my first thru hike and first serious backpacking journey. I love to camp and hike but living where I do, backpacking was not always possible. Looking for any and all tips possible from now until I leave next March.. And maybe even a buddy to start with?!
I know I have a lot of work to do to prepare but please keep it encouraging and positive!
Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck and best wishes! For many practical aspects of long distance backpacking one doesn't have to be out on a trail, you can trial a sleeping bag, pad on the floor or out in the backyard, eat the diet your planning while exercising at the gym and such. I hope things go well and the lead up to the AT is encouraging and exciting for you.
    Also graduating from a Community College in December and starting my first thru-hike in 2017! I plan to start in mid Feb though, maybe we will cross paths!! Good luck and train hard
    Any reason for starting in February?! I was only thinking March because of popular recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeMarieVarner
    Also graduating from a Community College in December and starting my first thru-hike in 2017! I plan to start in mid Feb though, maybe we will cross paths!! Good luck and train hard