WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Han Sobo

Untitled

Rate this Entry
Just some fun facts about me.

I am going to endeavor with the absolute most sincerity to hike the distance of the Appalachian trail. South bound for a few reasons.

1st - I live in the northern area called sometimes New England.

2nd - The toughest stretch is up here and from my short handed views of several locations along the Appalachian trail my most memorable were up in the Maine New Hampshire region. I would again like to enjoy them before I feel worn out.

3rd - I do not have any time constraint so I do not want the seasons to become one.

4th - I would like to enjoy as much solitude as I can achieve along the AT even while things seem to be getting more crowded each year.

They say a guy in my age bracket is usually doing this because of a major life change. Loss of wife / husband, loss of job, or other strong reason to drive a person to go soul searching.

No the fact is my life has just become stagnant in the past 10 years. I have spent much time up here in the woods in isolation. Coming from previously traveling with a virtual circus so to speak in that I miss some of the social contacts but have no wish to go back to any of that at this time. Hiking the trail is a middle line alternative. I have been and lived all over America. I love this country for its beauty and the extreme changes that one will witness in crossing its length and breadth.

I am very comfortable in my as of late solitude. While I look forward to meeting a few folk along the way with similar goals I more so enjoy it all in passing.

I will not be racing to the end.. My family such as is, is very well and secure. I am just as ever not a beast built to be set in the same pasture each year. I feel selfishly that I have done my tick for a time, and I am now going to allow myself some freedom to go out and play past the street lights coming on.

Thanks to all of you whom have helped me here in refining my knowledge on starting this journey. Thanks as well for the chuckles, and such.

Updated 03-14-2016 at 20:05 by Han Sobo

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized