WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

marisajane

Weird, Wonderful You

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by marisajane View Post
2016 hikers! For no deep or meaningful reason, I'm wondering what sort of weird / significant / strange / superstitious /or slightly out there thing you're doing as you prepare for your thru, or will be doing on your thru. I know we're all obsessing over gear & weight & shakedowns & [insert your general anxiety] but this is not what i am asking!

It could be anything out of the ordinary! Do you have a ritual? Are your developing a ritual? Do you have a lucky charm? Or something like- just throwing things out- wearing your lucky socks from that big game that time, having a ring blessed by a religious professional, trying all the pop tart flavors before you leave home so you know which to buy in towns, setting up your tent blindfolded, visiting a psychic, calling a specific loved one, wearing something gifted by a loved one, overly concerned about the numerology of the date you're leaving, sleeping in your sleeping bag indoors, practicing sailing knots because you never know, overly obsessive orienteering..

Whatever it is, you wonderful weirdo, let's hear it!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized