WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

CedarKeyHiker

Travis McGee, John Muir, and me, still in Cedar Key 2

Rate this Entry
On second thought jumping over the back fence might not be the best idea. It would put me in the Gulf of Mexico and I'd have to swim to the Canal bridge just to head out the same way John Muir came in. I am giving second thoughts to my route too. Two thoughts keep revolving around in my mind. First, walking north for a southerner is a bit counter intuitive. I'd rather be headed home and looking at the map it's down hill all the way. Secondly, I want to miss the madness I perceive at Springer in the spring. Anyway, I'll look at it as an alternative.

I plan to spend a lot of time at Torreya SP near Tallahassee over the next couple of months. It's the closest place with any terrain and I really enjoy hiking there. There's also a SP near Palatka that is supposed to be challenging to a consummate flat lander. I'll probably spend days in the woods tweaking my gear and just getting acclimated.

We're going to do NYE in St. Augustine this year. We'll stay over until the 2nd and go to the REI Garage sale in Jacksonville. I'm working on my pal Lefty from SA to hike with me. We'll reprise the Poncho and Lefty partnership. Our brides will appreciate the break. Stay tuned!!!

Updated 12-25-2015 at 09:41 by CedarKeyHiker

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized