WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

JBandStacy2014

Exploring Helen...Catching Up

Rate this Entry
As TD said, we took another zero day in Helen. I thought about apologizing for it, but then realized it's our Hike, and we are doing what we need. I woke up this morning feeling horrible. We made it to breakfast, did laundry, and then it was time for me to sleep...in a bed. A few hours of recouping, I was back to myself. We cleaned up, made some plans, and headed out to explore the town during the day (as some of you may know, Helen tends to close down about 5). The streets are decorated for Christmas and the shop owners are very welcoming. We stopped in at a Coffee House called Hot & Sweet - the owner was great and gave us the lowdown on Helen. We even found a mini summit to climb - haha - TD will appreciate that LOL.
I have to say that the more I am stuck indoors, the more I crave being outside. Even though I didn't feel well this morning, I knew that if we woke up in a shelter this morning, hiking in the fresh air would have corrected that immediately. There is just something about being locked up when the beautiful outdoors is calling your name. I think we are both ready to get out and refocus on our goal.
The pack issue should be resolved soon and I figured out the root of my foot pain. At some point last week I stopped, thinking there was something in my boot, and I was right. I managed to lodge a piece of wood and sliced open my toe. Thankfully, my wonderful Tear Drop talked me into a mini first aid kit before we left Vegas and the band aids have come to the rescue.Have I mentioned lately how much I love that guy? He's pretty much the best partner.
Signing off - well rested, pain subsiding - Redemption
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized