WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

lordwilliam

My training for 2015, Training Day 15

Rate this Entry
Training Day 15: June 12

Today I did my first walk with a loaded pack. I found an old EMS Luggage Pack in my daughter’s back yard, covered in mud and leaves. I hosed it off and adjusted it to fit. I packed it yesterday with a 2 man tent from Walmart, my 35 year old Holubar sleeping bag which compresses to a neat 10” X 6” 3.2 pound bundle. I also packed my Hank Roberts stove in an old Coleman Peak 1 nesting pot container. I also packed a bunch of cloths and a couple of liters of water. All together the pack weighs in about 30 – 35 pounds.

My distance today was 9.2 miles. There was quite a bit of strong wind and some steady rain for about an hour. I put on my rain gear at about 6 miles and of course the sun came out almost immediately. I didn’t bother to strip down because I need to get used to being overheated and sweating.

My weight is down another couple of pounds and I am having trouble keeping my pants up without a belt. Not that this is a bad thing but the belt is uncomfortable under the hip belt of a pack.

I ate Hikers Pad Thai for lunch before I took to the road. The recipe is 1 pack of Ramen noodles, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, some raisins and a couple dashes of hot sauce. When I got home I had an early dinner of 3oz steak with a giant baby field greens salad and 1 lb of cooked spinach. I did an hour on the stationary bike while I watched TV.

No real soreness or excessive tiredness today.

PS. I feel great today, June 13.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized